The government of Canada updated on their official website that groups of public servants “maybe” go on a legal strike in mid-April 2023. These all sum up to around 159,000 workers who offer a variety of services to the general population in different departments.
If you’re planning to apply for a Canadian visa soon, it’s important to be aware of the upcoming strike that Canadian workers are set to engage in mid-April. The strike is expected to have a significant impact on various industries, including immigration. In this blog post, we’ll explore the potential effects of the strike on IRCC visa applications and provide some tips on how to prepare.
The Canadian worker’s strike could potentially affect your visa application in several ways. Firstly, there may be delays in the processing times due to a reduction in the available workforce at IRCC. This could result in a longer wait time for your visa application to be processed.
Additionally, the strike may cause a backlog of applications that need to be processed once the strike is over. This could further extend the processing times and result in longer wait times for your visa application.
If you have already applied for a Canadian visa, the strike may cause a delay in the issuance of visas. The available workforce at IRCC responsible for issuing visas may be reduced, leading to longer wait times for the issuance of visas. This could cause inconvenience for those who have made travel arrangements based on the assumption that they will receive their visas on time.
It is important to note that only the IRCC employees part of the union groups will go on strike. Certain IRCC services will continue as usual during the legal strike.
IRCC Services Maintained During Strike
- Applicants will still be able to apply online for different immigration or visa programs.
- They will also be able to mail their applications to IRCC as well as use their online accounts during the service disruption.
- Furthermore, access to some emergency services will continue as well. It is essential to stay informed and monitor the situation closely, as it unfolds.
- If you are planning to apply for a Canadian visa, we recommend that you start the application process as early as possible to allow for potential delays.
- Additionally, it is advisable to check our website and social media handles regularly for updates on the situation and seek the advice of a Visa consultant if necessary. which are part of the services we provide.
Ultimately, the key to a successful visa application is to stay informed, prepare in advance, and have patience in case of unexpected delays. By taking these steps, you can increase your chances of a smooth and hassle-free visa application process.
also, the Government of Canada may come to a compromise with the workers before the stipulated date for strike.